Hey there – Tina’s Mommy Time was kind enough to think of me and threw me a Liebster award! Thanks Tina!
The award is for blogs with less than 200 followers, and although I have more than that, the tight group of bloggers that has had my back this past year falls under the limit, so I am going to go ahead and accept this sucker. Ha!
There’s four steps to this monster:
1. List 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
3. Choose up to 11 nominees with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
4. Inform them of the awesomeness.
Ok, here’s 11 things about me.
1. Becoming a teacher was the best choice I have ever made. I have had the privilege of getting to know so many great kids and have had the opportunity to share what I have learned about life so far. For those of who have known me a long time, we could say if that I had been famous, this would be the last 20 minutes of my True Hollywood Story.
2. I have a book about to come out: Leather to the Corinthians. Of course, if you are reading this blog, you already know that. It’s all I have been talking about. Moving on.
3. I have a great cat who I secretly think only loves me for the tuna cans she gets to lick clean whenever I make my lunch.
4. Sometimes I firmly believe that the forces of the universe conspire to annoy me.
5. I have been on the local news twice. The first time I pretended to be a professional video game player that had won over $50k in tournaments. The reporter never fact-checked a single thing that I said and it ran the very same night. The second time I was on, I was interviewed buying pazckis in Detroit the day before Fat Tuesday. It must have been a slow news day.
6. During tough times I have turned to various cooking jobs to pay the bills. It turns out that I am a lighting-fast breakfast cook. I seriously rock the house. Problem is that I absolutely hate line cooking. Yet another aspect of my life that could be considered ironic.
7. I fell off a roof once. It was about a 60’ drop. I fractured my hip in three places. I laid there for a day and a half until someone found me. When I die, God is going to rewind that part of the tape several times – just for giggles.
8. For some strange reason, during key points in my life, I have heard Bon Jovi songs playing on the radio. Of all the musicians I thought might provide the soundtrack to my life, Bon Jovi ain’t one of ‘em.
9. Sometimes, I am too easily impressed by people.
10. I don’t use a stunt double. So far, I have almost drowned twice, flipped over in a car accident, had a gun go off in my face, was bitten by a poisonous spider, fell of a roof, and survived a tornado. That’s 7 out of 9 lives.
11.The first record I ever bought (it was a 45) with my own money was The Clash’s “Rock the Casbah.” The second 45 was Toto’s “Rosanna.” For a second there I sounded really cool, right? Then it all fell apart.
Now the nominator’s questions:
Baseball or Football?
Hockey. Crap, that’s not an option. I will cast an honorary vote for Baseball, as it was my father’s passion. You can actually read about that here: Lessons From my Father.
When you’re writing, do you prefer to sit down with a drink or food?
Coffee. Always and forever. Nature’s energy drink. Food is a rare visitor when I am writing. I tend to forget to eat when I am really into it.
Do you write out your blog post before typing it up?
Sometimes, depends on how much work needs to be put into it. Interestingly enough, the less work I put into it, the more people seem to like it. What a pisser.
How old is your oldest living relative?
87. That’s all you get.
Last show you watched on TV?
Sons of Anarchy. One of those shows I have meant to get to, finally did. Been watching the episodes in bunches. Great show.
Favorite cologne or perfume?
Whatever the wife is wearing, naturally.
What was the make/model of your first car?
78 Ford LTD. Two door DETROIT beast. Bought it for $370. True story.
Who does your family say you most look like?
I dunno about family but I have been hearing Alan Tudyk a lot lately. I think I will cast him in the movie of my life, but he will have to shave the dome.
Favorite website (not a blog)?
Io9 – best damn Sci-fi geekdomery available.
What’s the best part of the holidays?
The food. I like to eat. Some days, it’s all I’ve got.
What made you start blogging?
I just wanted to put it out there. My blog is not nearly as focused as many. I’ve tried many different types of posts. It’s interesting which ones people like, and even more so, which ones they don’t. Most of the blogs who follow me have way more traffic and a lot more followers. There are days where I would like a lot more followers, but I don’t have any plans to start writing posts just to generate traffic.
If there is one thing I can promise, is that I will stay true. With my book coming out, I have been blogging mostly about that. I am pretty much ready to get back to poetry, rants, and short fiction posts to be honest.
Here’s my nominees!
I have no clue if they have less than 200 followers. My guess is that they all have many more than that because they all rock. I’m going to pick some amazing blogs, mainly because I like them and I want to see their responses :P.
Here we go:
Ok now here’s my 11 “questions”:
1. If you were a cereal box mascot, which one would you be?
2. What’s the worst thing you did when you were a kid?
3. You have 24 hours to live. Now what?
4. Your house is haunted by the ghost of a dead celebrity. Tell us about it.
5. Tell me a fantastic lie.
6. You’re a cannibal (just go with it). What’s your favorite recipe?
7. I just pushed you to the ground and took your lunch money. What are you going to do about it?
8. Have you ever spent the night in jail? Any regrets?
9. You can tune a piano, but you can’t tune a fish. Discuss.
10. What’s the oldest can or package in your pantry? Why haven’t you eaten it already?
11. Racecars and old magazines. Chewing gum and a ball of twine. Bananas and Heavy metal. Which do you choose and why?
Ok, that’s enough – visit all of these blogs and stay awhile.