“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” – T.S. Eliot
2012 started rough. I was in the wrong job at the right place and I wasn’t happy. I seriously considered playing in traffic.
But then, I started blogging and took my finished manuscript and began the journey of turning it into a published work.
As I marched through the year, I proceded to knock out more personal achievements. 2012 in summary:
- Lost 30 pounds
- Presented at an international conference
- Bought a house
- Landed the DREAM JOB
- Created Readtomlucas.com
- Met a bunch of great people by blogging
- Published my first novel (if this was all that happened, it would have been a banner year)
- Travel: Indiana, San Diego, Mexico (in order of excitement factor)
- Continued to foster new friendships and relationships
For 2013, my goals are:
- Write novel #2
- Promote novel #1
- Lose another 20 pounds
- Fix up the house
- Blog, blog and blog
- Make even more new friends
- Find BALANCE and SIMPLICITY without losing my momentum
I started Read Tom Lucas this year. I now can’t imagine living without it. Thanks for all of you who have supported my work this year, you are the fuel in my tank. Here’s to an OUTSTANDING 2013 for us all!
Now, if you are interested, here’s the official WordPress report for the year:
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 14,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 3 Film Festivals